Underage Malay girls having sex to ‘take revenge’ from neglecting parentsApril 27th, 2009 - 5:34 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, April 27 (ANI): Underage Malay girls are indulging in sex just to seek revenge on their parents for ignoring them, cops have revealed.
According to Assistant Commissioner Suguram Bibi Munshi Deen, girls who previously alleged rape later confessed having given their consent for sex with their beaus, reports the Star Online.
According to figures compiled since 2005, the number of girls, under 16, who had sex, had been rising every year.
The head of the Sexual Abuse and Children’s Division at Bukit Aman also found 60 percent of girls, between 13 and 15 years old, indulged in sex since they “wanted revenge” on their parents for subjecting them to emotional and physical “abuse”.
Some others, mostly from cities and major towns, were even compelled into sexual acts by the very men they trusted and the victims usually became pregnant, it was observed.
ACP Suguram Bibi said: “We are not pointing a finger or exposing the private lives of families but the public must realise what is happening.
“Children, teenagers and youths are our future leaders and we as adults, parents or guardians must guide and instil in them right and proper values.”
It was also found that teenagers often sought attention or wanted freedom of expression and got bored easily.
ACP Suguram Bibi added: “We also found that some boys were challenged by their peers and forced to commit sex acts to prove that he was one of the gang and to stop being ridiculed.” (ANI)
- One in three British teenage girls 'sexually assaulted' - Mar 05, 2012
- Alcohol pushing teenagers to risky sex - Jan 01, 2012
- Asian brothers convicted of grooming schoolgirls for sex - Aug 09, 2012
- Children of a lesser god... on Kolkata's streets - Dec 28, 2011
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- US man arrested for sex with 13-yr-old he 'married' in online game - Feb 12, 2011
- Chinese teenage helpline swamped with sex queries - Dec 05, 2010
- Chinese province hit by sex crimes - Apr 24, 2012
- 1,000 girls sexually exploited in Peru mining camps - Sep 20, 2011
- British teacher jailed for sex with underage student - Jun 19, 2012
- US man jailed for child sex tourism in Cambodia - Dec 21, 2010
- Pill popping 11-year-old girls increase by five fold: UK Study - Aug 02, 2010
- British teens allowed to take birth control pills - Apr 27, 2012
- Brit-Pakistani rape convicts jailed, banned from being alone with under-age girls - Jan 17, 2011
- Sexting teenagers more likely to have sex - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: assistant commissioner, beaus, bibi, bukit aman, freedom of expression, girls having sex, guardians, kuala lumpur, malay girls, munshi, peers, physical abuse, private lives, proper values, rape, revenge, sex acts, sexual abuse, sexual acts, teenagers