UN report on Benazir’s murder incomplete: Pak ministerMay 3rd, 2010 - 1:40 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May 3 (ANI): The UN commission’s report on the assassination of Pakistan’s former premier Benazir Bhutto is still incomplete, according to Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar.
Talking to journalists in Gujrat, the Pakistani Defence Minister said the fact-finding commission constituted by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani would finalise its report within eight days.
He said the commission’s report would bring some new facts to light and help arrest the real culprits, the Daily Times reports.
Meanwhile, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman termed the UN Commission’s report as ‘ambiguous’; because it has failed to provide answers to a number of questions.
“If the UN Commission’s report satisfies the government then it is the responsibility of the latter to uncover the assassins of Ms Benazir Bhutto,” Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman said.
He said Awami National Party (ANP) has got ‘registered Khyber Pukhtoonwkwa’ name from Punjab.
Regarding the 17th amendment, the JUI Chief said only a few clauses were changed on which “I put my signature with reservations”.
“JUI wants provincial autonomy under the 18th amendment of the Constitution, renaming of the province is someone else’s agenda,” he maintained. (ANI)
- Muslim League always used for bringing about undemocratic change in Pak: JUI Chief - Oct 03, 2010
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- JUI-F dissatisfied with security provided to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 03, 2011
- "Lobby opposed to religious circles" could have inspired Bhatti's murder: Fazl - Mar 05, 2011
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistani leader opposes commission on Osama killing - Jun 13, 2011
- JUI-F chief Fazl-ur Rehman escapes second suicide bomb attack in two days - Mar 31, 2011
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011
- JUI-F chief Fazl 'shocked' at 'friend' Burney's terror-allegiance' allegations - Nov 24, 2010
- JUI-F chief offered to mediate between US, Taliban during 2007 India visit: WikiLeaks - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan may not allow foreign operations - Apr 01, 2012
- Seven killed in Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 30, 2011
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,