UN officials mother appeals for sons early, safe returnFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 5:26 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Feb.22 (ANI): Abducted UN official John Soleckis mother, Rose Solecki, has appealed for sons early and safe release from Pakistani militants captivity.
We want to be with John again. Im appealing to the people of Balochistan for whatever support they can provide to secure my son safety and freedom, Solecki said.
She appealed the people of Balochistan to help the authorities find her son.
I simply do not understand why this is happening to our dear John. I cannot explain the sorrow and pain that I am going through right now. My husband and I are old. We want to be with John again, The News quoted the 83 year old mother of the UN official, as saying.
Solecki was abducted from Quetta on Monday (February 2) following an ambush in which his driver was killed.
A relatively unheard of militant outfit, the Baluchistan Liberation United Front (BLUF), had taken responsibility for the kidnapping of the head of the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), John Solecki.
The liberation group has demanded release of 141 women detained in Pakistani jails, information on about more than 6,000 missing persons, and the resolution of the issue of Baloch independence aspiration for Soleckis return. (ANI)
- UN seeks contact with Soleckis abductors through trusted intermediary - Feb 21, 2009
- UN hostage said to have been killed is alive (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- Baloch outfit extends deadline for fulfillment of its demands - Feb 16, 2009
- UN seeks direct contact with Solecki''s kidnappers - Feb 17, 2009
- UN calls for release of abducted official in Pakistan - Feb 20, 2009
- UN in direct contact with Soleckis abductors to ensure his safe return - Feb 15, 2009
- Pakistani kidnappers set four-day deadline to kill UN official - Mar 02, 2009
- Meet demands or we would kill UN official: Baloch group - Feb 08, 2009
- Pak accepts abductors demand for UN officials safe return - Mar 06, 2009
- BLUF sets 48-hour deadline for Solecki''s release - Mar 17, 2009
- Baluch militant outfit behind UN officials abduction - Feb 08, 2009
- Pakistan's help sought as deadline for UN hostage nears - Mar 05, 2009
- Captors set new deadline for UN hostage in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2009
- Pakistan's senate committee appeals for release of kidnapped UN official - Mar 05, 2009
- UN relieved over Solecki's safe return by kidnappers in Pak - Apr 05, 2009
Tags: abducted, ambush, aspiration, authorities, balochistan, baluchistan, bluf, captivity, dear john, february 2, jails, liberation, missing persons, old mother, safe return, sorrow and pain, united front, united nations, united nations high commission, united nations high commission for refugees