UML leaders unhappy over PM Khanal’s Cabinet appointmentsApril 13th, 2011 - 1:15 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Apr. 13 (ANI): Leaders of the United Marxist Leninist (UML) party have reportedly expressed their unhappiness over Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal’s choice of new Cabinet ministers.
Some of the leaders have accused Khanal of violating a party decision by making the appointments unilaterally, nepalnews reports.
Speaking at a public function in Kathmandu on Tuesday, UML Politburo member Pradip Gyawali, said the decision to appoint the ministers was not a party decision and it was the prime minister’s sole responsibility for results arising thereof.
Gyawali also accused Khanal of appointing a relatively junior leader having a dubious reputation on the issue of free Tibet movement as State Minister for Finance. The newly appointed state minister Lyarkyal Lama himself conceded he joined the party on three years ago.
Senior woman leader Radha Gyawali,who was appointed State Minister for Education, did not receive any congratulatory messages following the appointment. Gyawali was expecting to be appointed as a cabinet minister. A UML source said Gyawali was likely to reject the appointment.
Other leaders such as Rabindra Adhikari, Ghanashyam Bhusal, Prakash Jwala and Yamlal Kandel are also miffed with Khanal on the cabinet expansion. (ANI)
- 12 new ministers to take oath in Nepal on Wednesday - Apr 12, 2011
- Nepal government likely to fall - Jul 27, 2011
- Discord in Nepal as prime minister claims two-thirds majority - May 05, 2011
- Nepal minister with Indian passport, Tibetan ID, forced to quit - Apr 22, 2011
- Khanal, Prachanda cabinet portfolio talks end inconclusively - Apr 13, 2011
- Shaky Nepal PM names cabinet, Maoists refuse to join (Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- Nepal Maoists refuse to join new government over power-sharing row - Feb 10, 2011
- New Nepal PM agreed to quit May 24: Report - Feb 07, 2011
- Nepal Maoists are fascists, says UML chairman Khanal - Jun 02, 2009
- Nepal top leaders to finalise joint resolution motion - Dec 14, 2009
- Voting for new Nepal PM today - Jul 21, 2010
- Krishna holds bilateral talks, sets stage for Nepal PM's visit - Apr 20, 2011
- Fresh tremors in Nepal as Maoists seek cabinet reshuffle - Jul 25, 2011
- Nepal PM tenders resignation - Aug 14, 2011
- Nepal PM gives in to Maoists to survive ouster bid - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: adhikari, cabinet appointments, cabinet expansion, cabinet minister, congratulatory messages, dubious reputation, free tibet movement, junior leader, jwala, kandel, lama, marxist leninist, nath, new cabinet ministers, politburo member, pradip, sole responsibility, state minister, unhappiness, woman leader