UK detains, deports Shujaats brother and sonJanuary 25th, 2008 - 2:18 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 25 (ANI): Pakistan Muslim League (Q) President Shujaat Hussains brother Wajahat Hussain and son Shafay Hussain were detained and deported by British officials under the anti-terrorism laws of the land on a secret tip-off from the Spanish police.
The Spanish police suspected them to be accomplices of the 11 alleged Pakistani terrorists, who were arrested in Barcelona last weekend.
Even after full investigations from the family members of the former Pakistan Prime Minister Chaudhry Shujaat, the British investigators did not feel fully satisfied with their replies.
Finally, after full grilling of these six men, these investigators decided not to allow any of them to enter London city and, subsequently, deported them to Pakistan by a PIA flight on Wednesday.
Sources said that the pair was given deported passenger status. The immigration officers offloaded them from the plane and detained them for questioning.
The Geo News quoted sources as saying that the airport officials had doubts that the two detainees might have links with the 11 Pakistanis who were arrested in Barcelona a few days ago for their alleged links with terrorists.
Wajahat and Shujaats son came to London to mobilise the Pakistani community ahead of President Pervez Musharrafs address, they said.
The British Foreign Office issued a brief three-line explanatory statement following the deportation of Chaudhry Shujaat Hussains brother and his son, saying that they were not deported and were free to visit the United Kingdom.
The British High Commissioner in Islamabad said in a statement that six people were arrested from the Gatwick Airport on January 22 for questioning and were released the next day.
However, Wajahat on his arrival in Pakistan told reporters that he felt “humiliated” on being detained and questioned in this manner especially when he has been a parliamentarian for 20 years.
The PML (Q) candidate from NA-104 in Gujarat region of Pakistan, Wajahat was on a tour to Europe to organise pro-Musharraf rallies there, media reports had said. (ANI)
- Musharraf has 'lost his senses' after losing dictatorship: Raja Riaz - Oct 10, 2010
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Musharraf's supporters in disarray after talks with PML-Q chief fail - May 25, 2010
- Patterson refutes Musharraf's allegations over Shujaat's role in NRO deal - Oct 09, 2010
- Pakistanis deported from Greece, Oman - Apr 12, 2012
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan needs political stability: Gilani - Jun 09, 2011
- Gilgit-Baltistan PML-Q candidates' use Musharraf's face in campaigning - Nov 09, 2009
- Zardari, Gilani congratulate Pakistan cricket team on reaching World Cup semifinal - Mar 24, 2011
- Nawaz, Shahbaz Sharif defaulters in nine Pakistani banks - May 17, 2010
- Britain deports Pakistani convicted for child sex crimes - May 31, 2011
- Pak Election Commission doubtful about degrees of 298 lawmakers - Jan 12, 2011
- Pakistani boy of 8 clears Microsoft specialist exams - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: accomplices, airport officials, british foreign office, british high commissioner, british investigators, british officials, geo news, hussain, immigration officers, london city, london jan, pakistan muslim league, pakistani terrorists, parliamentarian, prime minister chaudhry, secret tip, six men, spanish police, terrorism laws, waj