Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crashJune 6th, 2012 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 6 (IANS) Two soldiers with the NATO-led coalition forces were killed Wednesday when a military helicopter crashed in Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
The two International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service members died in the crash in eastern Afghanistan. A NATO press release said the cause of the crash was under investigation, but it did not reveal the nationalities of the victims.
Wednesday’s incident was the seventh air crash this year in Afghanistan.
A helicopter went down May 28, killing two US soldiers in eastern Wardak province while another ISAF aircraft crashed the same day, causing no casualties.
Ten US soldiers were killed when two helicopters went down in southern Helmand province in April and January. A total of 12 Turkish soldiers and four Afghan civilians on the ground lost their lives when a helicopter crashed in Kabul in February.
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan attack - Jan 22, 2012
- Four U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash - Apr 21, 2012
- NATO helicopter crashes in southern Afghanistan, killing 11 - Aug 17, 2012
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- 11 killed in NATO chopper crash in Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2012
- NATO helicopter crashes in Afghanistan - Aug 06, 2011
- Afghanistan: Taliban commander behind NATO helicopter crash captured - Sep 17, 2012
- British, Estonian troops killed in southern Afghanistan - Oct 16, 2011
- Bombs kill five foreign troops in Afghanistan - Aug 31, 2010
- 12 NATO soldiers killed in chopper crash - Mar 16, 2012
- NATO chopper crash kills 14 near Kabul (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011
- Nine killed in Afghan helicopter crash (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,