Two Pakistanis held on border, sent back (Lead)July 29th, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 29 (IANS) Two youths from Pakistan were arrested on the border near here after they entered India riding a motorcycle, an official said. They were later handed over to Pakistan Rangers.
The two were spotted in the Ranbir Singh Pura sector, near the Border Security Force post at Karotana, 35 km from here.
“They said they were friends and had inadvertently entered India,” said the official. “Nothing incriminating was found from them.”
The official said the BSF handed them over to Pakistan Rangers “as a goodwill gesture”.
Police said they were not informed about the incident. “They (BSF) did everything on their own,” said an official.
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Pak releases 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 15, 2011
- India frees 14 Pakistani prisoners (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Drug smuggler killed on India-Pakistan border (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Pak releases last batch of Indian fishermen - Sep 07, 2010
- Pakistan refuses to take back bodies of intruders - Feb 27, 2011
- Intruder killed on India-Pakistan border - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistani teenager mistakenly enters India, sent back - Aug 08, 2010
- Bangladeshi, trooper caught in Tripura handed back - Jul 06, 2012
- BSF men trapped as Pakistan fires at Indian post (Third Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- Ceasefire violation by Pakistan again, BSF men trapped (Fourth Lead) - Jun 21, 2010
- India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations - May 15, 2011
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani border guards start dialogue - Jul 02, 2012
- Narcotic smuggler killed along India-Pakistan border - Mar 09, 2011