Two Pakistani soldiers killed in cross-border attackAugust 9th, 2012 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 9 (IANS) Two Pakistani soldiers were killed Thursday when millitants across the Afghan border attacked a check post with automatic weapons.
The incident took place in Upper Dir district. The militants first fired about half a dozen rockets and then opened fire with automatic weapons, Xinhua reported.
The security forces have gunned down at least nine militants in retaliation.
Both countries have been blaming each other for the sporadic cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan accuses Pakistani security forces of firing rockets into its territory, while Islamabad says Kabul has done little to prevent the cross-border militant attacks.
- Pakistan protests Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pakistan protests cross-border attack - Jun 25, 2012
- 13 Pakistani soldiers killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- ISAF commander to visit Pakistan Thursday - Aug 02, 2012
- Seven soldiers killed in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Pakistan denies firing rockets at Afghanistan - Jun 27, 2011
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- NATO strikes an act of blatant aggression: Pakistan Army - Nov 30, 2011
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
- Pak soldier killed in border clash with Afghan troops - Feb 03, 2011
- 4 security men killed in Pakistan rocket attack - Nov 05, 2011
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011