Two NATO supply tankers torched in Pak’s Balochistan provinceJanuary 29th, 2011 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Jan 29(ANI): In the latest attack on convoys in Pakistan carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan, unidentified men torched two NATO oil tankers in the Pinjra Pul area of Dhaddar in Balochistan.
According to police sources, the oil tankers were going from Karachi to Chaman on Friday, when a group of men riding a motorcycle opened fire on them near the Marri Petrol pump, the Daily Times reports.
The assailants intercepted the oil tankers, took out the drivers and then set both tankers on fire before escaping.
Police reached the spot soon after the incident and cordoned off the area. A case has been registered against the unidentified persons and investigations are underway.
Earlier, there have been similar attacks on the convoys carrying supplies for NATO forces in Afghanistan in Quetta, Naseerabad and Shikarpur areas of Pakistan. (ANI)
- Two NATO supply trailers torched in Pak's Balochistan province - Jan 30, 2011
- One killed in NATO tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 03, 2011
- One killed in NATO oil tanker attack in Pak's Balochistan province - Feb 01, 2011
- Two NATO fuel tankers torched in Balochistan - Apr 06, 2011
- Two NATO oil tankers torched in Balochistan - Mar 12, 2011
- 20 NATO supply trucks torched in Quetta in fresh attack following air strike standoff - Oct 06, 2010
- 27 NATO fuel tankers torched at Shikarpur day after ISAF air strike on Pak soldiers - Oct 01, 2010
- Another militant attack on NATO tankers in Balochistan - Oct 09, 2010
- 19 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Aug 22, 2011
- Two NATO tankers torched in Pak - Feb 28, 2011
- NATO supply trucks attacked in Balochistan - Jun 13, 2010
- NATO tankers torched in Pakistan - Oct 10, 2011
- NATO oil tankers attacked in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011
- Another 26 NATO tankers burnt in Nowshera in Pak following air strike standoff - Oct 07, 2010
- 35 NATO oil tankers torched in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: assailants, balochistan, convoys, investigations, jan 29, karachi, marri, motorcycle, nato, nato forces in afghanistan, oil tankers, pakistan, police sources, quetta, shikarpur, unidentified men, unidentified persons