Two Myanmarese killed in Malaysia bus accidentMay 26th, 2012 - 3:17 am ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, May 26 (IANS) At least two people were killed and 44 others injured after their bus plunged into a ravine in Malaysia’s Penang state Friday. All passengers were from Myanmar.
The bus, believed to be heading towards a mosque, suddenly went out of control at around 9 p.m. and hit a tree and a utility pole in Penang’s city of Balik Pulau. The bus then fell into a ravine, causing on the spot death of two people, one of them a 50-year-old, Xinhua reported.
At least six of the injured passengers were in critical condition and rescue work was underway till last report, said police officer Mohd Hatta Mohd Zin.
- Tourist mauled to death by dogs in Malaysia - Jan 09, 2011
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- 11 dead in China bus accident - Jan 29, 2011
- 26 killed in Mexico bus accident - Jun 25, 2012
- 17 killed in China bus accident - Jun 20, 2012
- 16 killed in China bus accident - Oct 02, 2011
- 30 die in Ecuador bus accident - Dec 25, 2010
- 42 killed, 24 injured in central Morocco bus accident - Sep 05, 2012
- 15 killed in Pakistan bus accident - Feb 20, 2012
- 24 killed in Morocco bus accident - Dec 01, 2010
- Three blasts after Malaysian court acquits Anwar (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 15 die in Peru bus accident - Sep 14, 2012
- 16 teens die in Bolivia bus accident - Jun 08, 2012
- Two Indians dead, 22 injured in Malaysia accident (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Over 35 killed in Philippines accident - Aug 18, 2010