Two gang-raped nurses expelled from hostel in PakistanNovember 4th, 2010 - 2:43 pm ICT by IANS
Peshawar, Nov 4 (IANS) A hospital probe committee has decided to expel from the hostel two trainee nurses who were gang-raped in this Pakistani city. The reason: The victims violated the rules.
The three-member committee, which was set up to investigate the gang rape of the two trainee nurses of the Khyber Teaching Hospital here, decided to expel the girls from the hostel for violation of rules, the News International reported Thursday.
Sources said that the young women were kidnapped by four people from Sadar Bazaar where they had gone for shopping. The victims were gang-raped Sunday.
The assailants then dumped the women on the Ring Road in semi-conscious condition.
The victims’ condition was critical due to profuse bleeding.
The trainee nurses told the hospital committee that Sunday being a public holiday they had gone to Sadar Bazaar for shopping and on their way back to the hospital hostel they asked the taxi driver to stop so that they could buy juice, a source said.
The women said they fell unconscious after drinking the juice and when they regained consciousness, they found themselves in a room where they were gang-raped.
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- Two arrested for raping student in old-age home - Apr 18, 2011
- Widow 'gang-raped' by train robbers in Bengal - Feb 26, 2012
- Protests over Odisha women panel's report on gang rape - Feb 07, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Pakistan to provide security, assistance to Mukhtaran Mai - Apr 22, 2011
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Five Tripura University students expelled for ragging - Aug 05, 2012
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Rickshaw-puller held for raping 77-year-old - Mar 14, 2011
- Investigating agency rules out rape in Pipili case - Mar 10, 2012
- Noida police draw flak for exposing rape victim (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- 85-year-old raped in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2010
- Odisha gang rape: Doctors protest action - Jun 27, 2012