Two foreign channels for kids get Pakistan’s nodAugust 2nd, 2011 - 1:05 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 2 (IANS) Two foreign satellite TV channels, Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon, have been granted permission to air programmes in Pakistan, said a minister.
Minister for Information and Broadcasting Firdous Ashiq Awan Monday informed the National Assembly that at present there was no proposal under consideration to establish exclusive PTV channel for children.
She, however, added that some components of PTV programmes were specified for children.
“The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority will accommodate private TV channel if some one wished to launch channel for children,” Associated Press of Pakistan quoted the minister as saying.
- No licence to any Indian channel: Pakistani minister - Aug 02, 2011
- Pakistan to have electronic media policy - Nov 22, 2011
- MPs' panel wants no anti-Pakistan words on private channels - Jan 27, 2012
- Condemn NATO attacks, Pakistani minister tells world - Dec 05, 2011
- Pakistan trying to protect journalists: Minister - Jul 07, 2011
- Pakistan readies code of conduct for media - Mar 01, 2012
- Don't blame ISI for Shahzad murder: Minister - Jun 06, 2011
- Pakistan to set up media varsity with China's help - Jun 24, 2011
- Pakistan information minister resigns - Dec 25, 2011
- Pakistan spending Rs.1.2 trillion on welfare projects - Jan 16, 2012
- No intention to curb media: Pakistani minister - Feb 28, 2012
- Pakistan, Turkey sign media cooperation agreement - Oct 13, 2011
- Chinese to be taught in Pakistani schools - Feb 05, 2012
- Women's T20 cricket tournament kicks off in Lahore - Jan 23, 2012
- PPP should be lauded for refusing to hand over Davis to US despite pressure: Awan - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,