Twin bomb blasts rock PakistanJune 12th, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by John Le Fevre
Pakistan has been rocked by twin bomb blasts after a suicide bomber blew himself up inside a mosque in Lahore and another in the North West Frontier city of Nowshera.
In Lahore, a suicide bomber is reported to have entered the mosque just after Friday prayers and detonated an explosive device killing himself and at least four others.
In Nowshera a suicide bomber in a vehicle drove into the outside wall of the mosque killing six and injuring more than 25
The bombings are the latest is a series of blasts that have rocked Pakistan over the last two weeks.
On May 27 a massive bomb blast targeting Pakistan security agencies in Lahore killed at least 24 people and injured hundreds more and the following day five people were killed when two bombs were detonated in the northern Pakistan city of Peshawar.
On Wednesday a truck packed with an estimated 500kg (1,100lbs) of explosive was detonated in front of the luxury Pearl Continental hotel in Peshawar, killing at least 11 people and injuring dozens more.
The bombings are believed to be in retaliation to a Pakistan military operation in the Swat Valley aimed at clearing the Taliban from the region.
- Three dead in shrine blast in northern Pakistan - Feb 05, 2011
- Five policemen among six killed in Peshawar blasts (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Over 50 die as suicide bomber explodes in mosque (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Pak Taliban claims responsibility for Lahore, Nowshera mosques attack - Jun 13, 2009
- Four killed, 41 wounded in Nigeria church bombing - Jun 10, 2012
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- 25 killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- 640 Pakistanis died in 37 suicide attacks this year - Nov 29, 2010
- Woman suicide bomber kills three in Pakistan - May 10, 2011
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- Four dead, over 40 injured in two blasts in Pakistan - Jun 21, 2012
- Suicide bombing kills 34 in Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- 11 injured in Peshawar blast - Oct 27, 2011
Tags: bomb blast, bomb blasts rock, bombings, bombs, explosive device, frontier city, lahore, massive bomb, military operation, mosque, north west frontier, northern pakistan, nowshera, pearl continental hotel, peshawar, retaliation, security agencies, suicide bomber, swat valley, taliban