Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead)August 7th, 2012 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Aug 7 (IANS) At least nine people were killed in a roadside bombing in Kabul Tuesday, while a Taliban suicide bomber blew up an explosives-laden vehicle at a military base near the capital, killing himself and wounding 13.
A remote-controlled bomb struck a bus in Khaldari area of Kabul’s Paghman district, killing nine and injuring five others, Xinhua reported citing the interior ministry.
The victims were government employees.
In the second incident that took place in Logar province capital Pul-e-Alam, 60 km from Kabul, a terrorist on an explosives-laden vehicle entered a joint military base of Afghan and international forces.
The man blew himself up, wounding 11 Afghans and two foreigners, provincial spokesman Deen Mohammad Darwish told Xinhua.
Zabihullah Mujahid, who claimed to speak for the Taliban, told the media by telephone from an unknown location that a Taliban fighter, Matiullah, drove the vehicle.
President Hamid Karzai termed the attacks as “coward terrorist acts”.
“Those who conduct terrorist attacks and target civilians are neither Muslims nor Afghans,” Karzai said.
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Militants kill 11 in Afghanistan - Jun 06, 2011
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Eight die in Kabul bombing - Aug 07, 2012
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills three in Afghanistan - Jan 03, 2012
- Five militants killed, 22 held in Afghanistan - Feb 27, 2012
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- Five policemen killed in Afghan blast - Sep 02, 2012
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- 48 killed in Kabul terror siege (Third Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 15 killed in Afghan car bombing - Jun 25, 2011
- 20 die in Afghan suicide bombing (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
Tags: afghans, coward, darwish, explosives, foreigners, government employees, hamid karzai, interior ministry, kabul, logar, military base, mohammad, mujahid, pul, roadside bombing, suicide bomber, target civilians, terrorist acts, terrorist attacks, xinhua