Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombingSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 2:44 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, Sep 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least 12 people were killed and 59 injured in central Afghanistan Saturday when two suicide bombers struck a US-Afghan military base, according to the Pajhwok news agency.
One bomber attacked the base in the Sayed Abad district on foot and then another detonated a truck, said provincial governor’s spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Doctors said eight civilians and four police were killed.
A total of Eighty seven Taliban insurgents have been killed in operations in different Afghan provinces, the Afghan Interior Ministry said Saturday.
- 10 policemen killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 28, 2012
- 11 killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan - May 18, 2012
- 19 injured in Afghan mosque blast - Aug 03, 2012
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Karzai advisor's family members killed - Aug 21, 2012
- Eight killed in Afghan bank attack - Feb 19, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills seven at funeral - Aug 19, 2012
- UN to pull staff out of Afghan provinces - Aug 31, 2012
- EU condemns Afghanistan attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Afghan force to protect NATO bases - Aug 24, 2012
- Four children killed in Afghanistan blast - Nov 01, 2011
- Two US soldiers killed by Afghan cop - Aug 18, 2012
- Afghan forces kill 14 militants - Jul 04, 2010
- 10 die in Afghan bombing - Jun 12, 2012
- Extradite people involved in Rabbani's killing : Afghanistan to Pakistan - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: central afghanistan, civilians, doctors, eighty seven, insurgents, interior ministry, kabul, military base, news agency, pajhwok news, provincial governor, ria novosti, spokesperson, suicide bombers, suicide bombing, taliban