Traffic jam causes child’s death in PakistanJuly 27th, 2012 - 12:54 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 27 (IANS) A child stuck in a massive traffic jam, following protests over frequent power outages, died due to the searing heat in Pakistan’s northwest, a media report said.
The three-year-old child died due to the heat and resultant suffocation after passengers were stuck for hours as protesters blocked the main G.T. Road in Swat Thursday.
Dawn reported that the road was blocked for over six hours, causing queues of hundreds of vehicles on both sides of the road.
- DDA's demolition causes traffic jams in Delhi - Jan 12, 2011
- Gurgaon residents protest power cuts - Jul 03, 2012
- 2,000 vehicles caught in China traffic jam - Dec 31, 2010
- Top priority to resolving power crisis: Pakistani PM - Jun 29, 2012
- CWG lane trials create traffic chaos in Delhi - Sep 14, 2010
- Power failure, rains hit Delhi traffic, commuters (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Workers flay low minimum wages, graft - Nov 23, 2011
- Suzuki caught in four-hour traffic jam - Aug 27, 2012
- Traffic jams leave Delhi motorists fuming - Jan 16, 2012
- Delhiites ignored traffic advisories and suffered: Police - Jan 24, 2012
- 60-Mile Long Traffic Jam In China's Beijing-Zhangjiakou Highway Completes 9th Day - Aug 24, 2010
- It rains chaos on Delhi roads again (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Create emergency lanes for VIP movement, say shocked Delhi residents - Dec 21, 2010
- VVIP movement, jams biggest roadblocks for Delhi ambulances - Dec 22, 2010
- Pre-monsoon rains in Delhi bring respite, traffic snarls - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,