Top priority to resolving power crisis: Pakistani PMJune 29th, 2012 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 29 (IANS) The resolution of the electricity crisis is a top priority of the government and all available resources were being utilised to overcome power outages, Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has said.
Speaking to reporters, Ashraf said the authorities concerned had been directed that there should be no discrimination in load shedding forced by a generation shortfall of some 6,000 MW.
“We want to provide relief to the people and take concrete steps to mitigate their sufferings,” Associated Press of Pakistan qouted him as saying.
He said it was his desire that the people themselves should realize improvement in power crisis.
“We are heading towards improvement with collective wisdom,” he added.
Pakistanis have been left sweating in the searing summer heat due to frequent power outages.
In May, Shahbaz Sharif, chief minister of Pakistan’s Punjab province, joined protesters who were upset with power outages and raised slogans against the federal government.
- Pakistan PM moves to fix power crisis - Jun 24, 2012
- High winds knock off Pakistan power supply - Jul 31, 2012
- Long power cuts spark ire in Pakistani Punjab - Mar 25, 2012
- Pakistan power shortfall reaches 6,000 MW - May 27, 2012
- Fuel shortage hits Pakistan power supplies - Oct 02, 2011
- Pakistani CM joins protests against federal government - May 11, 2012
- Pakistan wants to import electricity from India - Nov 02, 2011
- Electricity from India will ease power crisis: Pakistani PM - Feb 01, 2012
- Pakistan faces power shortage - Dec 26, 2011
- New Pakistani PM Ashraf was an agriculturist before entering politics (Profile) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan offers help to quake-hit Iran - Aug 12, 2012
- Pakistan passes political test with little fuss: Daily - Jun 23, 2012
- Illegal power connection at Shahbaz Sharif's office - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistan panel to check unscheduled power outages - Aug 22, 2011
- No outage claim leaves Pakistani daily bemused - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: ashraf, available resources, chief minister, collective wisdom, concrete steps, electricity crisis, frequent power outages, islamabad, pakistanis, pervez, power crisis, protesters, punjab province, raja, resolving power, shortfall, slogans, sufferings, summer heat, top priority