TNSMs deadline forces NWFP Govt to sign Nizam-e-Adl RegulationMarch 10th, 2009 - 6:16 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Mar.10 (ANI): In a bid to sustain its control over the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) before the Taliban start their own Shariat courts in the Malakand division, the provincial government has hurriedly signed the proposed Nizam-e-Adl Regulation, 2009.
Chief Minister, Ameer Haider Khan Hoti has sent the regulation for final approval to President Asif Ali Zardari, The Nation reports.
Talking to media persons here, Law Minister Arshad Abdullah said the proposed regulations will be implemented in the Malakand Agency and Kohistan district of Hazara Division before March 15 once the President gives his go ahead signal.
Abdullah added that all the political parties and the Swat Taliban have shown their consensus over the deal.
While giving the details of the regulations, he said two appellate sharia courts would be established in Malakand Division, and the decision taken by them would be final verdict in all respects.
The signing of the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation is being viewed as a desperate effort by the NWFP government before the dead line set by the Tehreek-e-Nafaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi (TNSM) while inking the peacedeal in the Swat.
The TNSM had set March 15 as a deadline for the government to implement Nizam-e-Adl, or it will establish its own Shariat courts in Malakand division.(ANI)
- Pakistani court acquits militant leader's sons - Nov 18, 2011
- Only provincial government can appoint Sharia judges: Minister - May 04, 2009
- Taliban, Islamist leader begin talks in Swat - Feb 19, 2009
- Sharia verdicts cannot be challenged in Supreme Court: cleric - Apr 16, 2009
- After Swat, TNSM vows to implement sharia law in other parts of Pakistan - Apr 14, 2009
- Musharraf defends Swat accord - Mar 09, 2009
- Following anti-Taliban offensive, NWFP Govt uninterested in implementing shariah - Mar 08, 2010
- Zardari to not sign pact with Swat militants unless peace is restored - Feb 17, 2009
- Qazi judgments would be final and unchallengeable: Sufi Muhammad - Apr 16, 2009
- Provincial government in Pakistan invites Islamic cleric for talks - Apr 28, 2009
- Islamist leader reaches Swat for talks with Taliban (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- Qazi courts start functioning in NWFP's Malakand region - Apr 14, 2009
- Pakistan bows to Taliban, allows Shariat laws (Lead) - Feb 16, 2009
- Action to continue till last Taliban militant is finished from Swat: Hoti - Jul 14, 2009
- Terrorism, not Islam is Taliban's prime agenda: NWFP minister - May 06, 2009
Tags: adl, ameer, arshad, asif ali, chief minister, desperate effort, final approval, final verdict, frontier province, haider khan, hoti, law minister, malakand agency, malakand division, media persons, north west frontier, political parties, provincial government, swat, taliban