Three Pakistan Navy officers convicted for Karachi attackMay 22nd, 2012 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 22 (IANS) Three Pakistan Navy officers have been convicted for their negligence of security measures during a deadly attack at the PNS Mehran base in Karachi last year.
Court martial proceedings in the attack case have been completed and the three officers were demoted, Geo News reported.
Those convicted include Commodore Raja Tahir, Security Officer Lt. Commander Abrar ul Hassan and Captain Muhammad Israr, military sources said.
Tahir has been demoted in seniority by one year while Hassan and Israr have been demoted by six months.
Pakistani Taliban militants launched a deadly attack on the Mehran naval base May 22. In the siege that went on for 15 hours, at least 14 people, including four terrorists, were killed.
The terrorists also destroyed the navy’s two US-made P-3C Orion planes with rockets.
- Pakistan removes naval base commander after attack - May 25, 2011
- Karachi attack: Navy blames air force for poor security - May 30, 2011
- Pakistan gets two surveillance planes from US - Feb 22, 2012
- Karachi base attack: Ex-naval commando, brother held - May 31, 2011
- Woman facilitated Karachi navy base attack, say police - Dec 15, 2011
- Taliban threaten to hit more Pakistan targets - Jun 30, 2011
- US to replace aircraft destroyed in Karachi attack - Jun 17, 2011
- Insiders involved in Karachi naval base attack - Jun 30, 2011
- Pakistan to set up panel to probe Abbottabad incident - May 30, 2011
- Pakistan's new navy chief meets Zardari - Oct 06, 2011
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan forms team to probe naval base attack - May 29, 2011
- Naval facilities to be relocated: Pakistan Navy chief - May 24, 2011
- Navy base attackers seem to be Central Asians: Pakistani daily - Jun 20, 2011
- Karachi naval base attack: Four suspects arrested - May 28, 2011
Tags: abrar ul, commodore, geo news, hassan, lt commander, martial proceedings, militants, military sources, muhammad, navy officers, negligence, pakistan navy, planes, raja, rockets, security measures, security officer, seniority, tahir, taliban