Three Pak Taliban commanders unite to wage jihadFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 12:30 pm ICT by ANI
Miranshah, Feb 23 (ANI): The Taliban in Waziristan has announced forming a Shura Ittehadul Mujahideen (Council of United Mujahideen) to wage jihad in an organised manner.
A meeting of all the three groups was held at a remote destination in Waziristan, which was attended by heads of the three estranged outfits, which include Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan of Baitullah Mehsud in South Waziristan, Hafiz Gul Bahadurs Group in North Waziristan and Mulla Nazir Group in South Waziristan.
According to the declaration, the participants agreed to form a new group Shura Ittehad-ul-Mujahiden after a meeting continued for three days.
The announcement described Mulla Omar and Osama bin Laden as their leader. They vowed to continue the Jihad for the enforcement of Sharia in the region.
Pamphlets distributed in the Miranshah Bazaar and other areas of the agency headquarters said the forces led by Mullah Muhammad Omar and Osama were fighting against infidels led by US President Barack Obama, Pakistani President Asif Zardari and Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
They quoted verses of the Quran calling people to fight a holy war against infidels, who they said were killing innocent Muslims, the Daily Times reported. (ANI)
- Three Taliban groups form new outfit in Waziristan - Feb 23, 2009
- US drone attack kills four in Pakistan - Sep 25, 2010
- Taliban to shift base to Afghanistan if Pak Army launches N.Waziristan operation - Oct 25, 2010
- Top Pakistani Taliban commander shot dead - Oct 14, 2011
- Taliban warn 'big war' against Pakistan army offensive - Feb 02, 2010
- Pak Taliban kill three 'US spies' in North Waziristan - Oct 04, 2010
- Taliban-linked group announces amnesty for 'spies' - Aug 27, 2010
- Taliban militants planning attack on Karachi arrested - Nov 30, 2010
- Extremists warn of "big war" in North Waziristan - Feb 02, 2010
- Different Taliban leaders join hands to fight against security forces - Feb 21, 2009
- Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan claims responsibility for Lahore attacks - Sep 03, 2010
- Ex-ISI official killed by Taliban abductors in North Waziristan - Jan 23, 2011
- Fresh US drone strike kills 4 suspected terrorists in Pak tribal region - Oct 02, 2010
- Taliban won't attack Pakistani security forces: Report - Jan 02, 2012
- Top Al Qaeda leader killed in Pakistan - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: afghan president hamid, agency headquarters, asif zardari, barack obama, gul, hafiz, hamid karzai, holy war, jihad, mulla, mullah muhammad omar, nazir, north waziristan, osama bin laden, pamphlets, quran, sharia, shura, south waziristan, war against infidels