Three militants killed in US drone strike in North WaziristanSeptember 12th, 2010 - 11:28 am ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Sept 12 (ANI): Three militants were killed in a US missile strike in the northwestern tribal belt of North Waziristan in Pakistan, near the Afghan border.
The missiles struck Newey Adda village in the Datta Khel area near Miranshah, the chief town of North Waziristan, the Dawn quoted officials, as saying.
“A US drone fired two missiles. The target was a house used by militants as a compound. Three militants have died,” said a senior security official in Peshawar, while the incident and the death toll was confirmed by another intelligence official in Miranshah.
There have been more than 200 strikes, which have killed over 900 people, mostly civilians, in the troubled northwest tribal areas of Pakistan since 2008.
Recently, a report by a top UN official had criticized the Obama administration for continuing the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operated drone attacks in the semi-autonomous tribal areas of Pakistan, as it has resulted in countless civilian deaths. (ANI)
- Seven suspected militants killed in US missile strikes in North Waziristan - Sep 04, 2010
- 10 militants killed in US drone attack in North Waziristan - Sep 14, 2010
- 13 militants killed in three US drone strikes in North Waziristan - Nov 04, 2010
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Seven killed, four injured in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Sep 05, 2010
- 14 killed in Pakistan drone attack - Mar 17, 2011
- At least 28 people killed in three drone strikes in Waziristan - Sep 22, 2010
- 14 militants killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Sep 15, 2010
- Four militants killed in drone attack in Pakistan - Sep 12, 2010
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- 22 militants killed in 24-hr US drone strike blitzkrieg in North Waziristan - Sep 09, 2010
- Six militants killed in US drone attack in North Waziristan - Aug 22, 2010
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- U.S. drone strikes kill 6 suspected militants in Pakistan - Apr 13, 2011
- US drone strikes kill 13 militants in North Waziristan - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: afghan border, central intelligence agency, chief town, civilian deaths, civilians, dawn, death toll, drone, intelligence official, militants, missile strike, missiles, north waziristan, peshawar, security official, senior security, strikes, target, tribal areas, tribal belt