Three killed, 25 injured in Karachi blastAugust 17th, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 17 (IANS) At least three people were killed and 25 injured when a bomb hit a bus in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi Friday afternoon, Xinhua reported.
According to Pakistani media, the blast took place around 3.15 p.m. when a bus, carrying people to a religious rally, was hit by a bomb in central Karachi.
It was a school bus of Karachi University and the university administration confirmed that over 20 students of the university were injured in the blast, media reports said.
Though some reports said that it was a gas cylinder blast, most of the other reports said it was a remote-controlled blast.
Earlier in the day, a blast had hit a market area in the country’s northwest tribal area of Kurram Agency, leaving at least 13 people wounded.
- 10 killed, 40 hurt in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan bombing - Jul 18, 2012
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 29 killed in Pakistan market blast (Second Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- On Pakistan Independence Day, blasts, accidents kill 39 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan blast - Dec 31, 2011
- One dead in Pakistan blast - Feb 15, 2012
- Five killed as blast hits van in Pakistan - Mar 13, 2012
- Five killed, 15 injured in Pakistan blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Eight killed, seven injured in Pak bomb blasts - Aug 23, 2010
- Three soldiers killed in Pakistan - Feb 26, 2012
- Six government militiamen killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 15 killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Feb 17, 2012
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012