Three Indian labourers killed in Dubai hotel ceiling collapseJune 3rd, 2008 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai , June 3 (ANI): At least three Indian labourers were killed and three others went missing and are feared dead, after the ceiling of an under-construction hotel collapsed in Dubai late last evening.
The incident took place while workers were pouring concrete into the ceiling of the basement of a hotel being constructed on the coast of Ajman , one of the seven emirates forming the UAE federation, The News quoted a Gulf News report as saying.
The supervising engineer at the hotel site said that a leakage was reported and he ordered some workers to go down and check. Within minutes the whole thing went down, he said.
Three bodies were found by this morning, the paper said and added that the hardened concrete made the rescue operations very difficult. It said all six workers involved in the accident were Indians. (ANI)
- Indian falls to death from UAE skyscraper - Dec 14, 2011
- Six Asian workers feared killed in UAE mishap - Jun 02, 2008
- Two kids killed in roof collapse - Sep 25, 2011
- 16,000 kg of empty cans collected in UAE - May 06, 2012
- Patil accorded warm welcome in UAE, trade, energy security on her agenda - Nov 22, 2010
- Indian sports complex's foundation laid in UAE - Jan 12, 2011
- Dubai exported products worth $800 mn in 2011 - Mar 01, 2012
- Indian workers killed in Ajman construction mishap identified - Jun 05, 2008
- Five Indian workers killed in UAE mishap were from Punjab (Lead) - Jun 06, 2008
- Computer virus may target Indian firms in Dubai? - Apr 02, 2012
- UAE probes Indian fisherman's killing by US ship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Indian jailed in Dubai for forcing woman into sex trade - Jun 25, 2012
- UAE father expresses concern over 'adulterous' teen daughter's fate - Apr 15, 2011
- Over 250 people to get new houses in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012