Three Hindu traders abducted in PakistanJuly 14th, 2012 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 14 (IANS) At least three Hindu traders, including president of a local Hindu council, have been kidnapped by unidentified people in Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, Online news agency reported Saturday.
The kidnapping occurred when the three traders were going from Karachi to Jacobabad city in the Sindh province.
The armed abductors kidnapped Ramesh Lal, the president of Hindu local council, Ashok Kumar, the president of Rice Mills Association, and Hari Ram, a trader while they were travelling in a private car. Driver Babu Lashari was also taken away.
Lal’s son said that his father informed him by cell phone that armed dacoits had abducted him along with his friends near Ranipur area.
Police have launched search operation for the kidnapped traders while the driver was found left tied with a rope in a garden, the report added.
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- Hindu trader kidnapped in Pakistan - Feb 13, 2012
- Disquiet among Pakistani Hindus over kidnapped leader - Feb 25, 2011
- Zardari seeks report on killing of Hindu doctors - Nov 08, 2011
- Pakistani Hindus in duress, says daily - Mar 13, 2012
- Zardari forms panel to talk to Hindus - Aug 11, 2012
- Hindu trader shot dead in Pakistan - Feb 07, 2011
- Outrage after armed assailants kill Hindu businessman, kidnap son in Quetta - Jun 09, 2010
- Parsi businesswoman kidnapped in Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Tamil Nadu businessman released, police unsure about another - Jan 15, 2011
- Parsi businesswoman abducted in Pakistan - Mar 09, 2011
- Three dead as blast derails train in Pakistan - Aug 29, 2012
- Pakistani newspapers set aflame in Karachi - Mar 21, 2012
- Minorities feeling insecure in Pakistan, says minister - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: abducted, abductors, ashok kumar, car driver, cell phone, dacoits, hari ram, hindu, july 14, lal, local council, news agency, pakistan islamabad, private car, rice mills, rope, search operation, sindh province, unidentified people