Three BJP MPs file formal complaint of cash-for-vote with SpeakerJuly 25th, 2008 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 25 (ANI): Three Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MPs today filed a formal complaint with Speaker Somnath Chatterjee, alleging that Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh had offered bribe to them for abstaining from the trust vote in the Lok Sabha on July 22.
The Lok Sabha Secretariat last night asked the three MPs - Ashok Argal, Mahaveer Bhagora and Fagan Singh Kulaste - to present their version officially to take the case forward.
On Wednesday, Chatterjee had said that nobody would be spared if found guilty.
After the incident, a meeting of all party leaders was called by Chatterjee in his chamber. In the presence of leaders of other parties and Leader of the Opposition L.K. Advani, the Speaker made it clear that he wanted a formal written complaint. This was agreed upon. He also told Advani that he disapproved of the manner in which cash was displayed, bringing disrepute to Parliament as a whole.
The BJP claimed that its three MPs were offered three crore rupees each and were handed over a total of one crore rupees in advance. (ANI)
- Cash-for-votes scam: Ex-BJP worker to be quizzed - Jul 19, 2011
- Second arrest made in cash-for-votes case - Jul 20, 2011
- Aide blames Amar in cash-for-votes scam, Amar denies - Jul 19, 2011
- Cash-for-votes case: Amar Singh, five others chargesheeted - Aug 24, 2011
- Amar Singh to be questioned on cash-for-votes - Jul 20, 2011
- BJP to file formal complaint of cash-for-vote with Speaker today - Jul 25, 2008
- Congress influencing police: Ashok Argal - Sep 06, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, four others walk out of Tihar (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Advani, Jaitley meet Kulkarni, ex-MPs in Tihar - Sep 28, 2011
- Meira Kumar sanctions prosecution of BJP MP Ashok Argal (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- Government protecting corrupt ministers: Advani - Oct 03, 2011
- PM must clarify on Amar, says CPI - Sep 06, 2011
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
Tags: amar singh, argal, ashok, bharatiya janata party, bjp, bribe, crore rupees, disrepute, fagan, formal complaint, general secretary, l k advtrust vote, leader of the opposition, lok sabha secretariat, mahaveer, party leaders, Samajwadi Party, somnath, written complaint