There exsts an Unclaimed zone between NWFP and Khyber agency in PakistanJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Jan. 23 (ANI): A shocking vehicle snatching incident on the main Peshawar-Bara road has brought up the issue of an unclaimed territory between Pakistans settled and the tribal areas.
Muhammad Rafiq was driving his flying coach carrying aboard female schoolteachers, when four armed masked men stopped him at Bajri stop on Peshawar-Bara Road, dragged him out, got all the teachers off and drove away the vehicle, The News reports.
However, SHO of Sarband Police Station and tehsildar refused to lodge a complaint saying that the area where the incident had taken place was beyond their jurisdiction, creating of an unclaimed or unmanned zone between the NWFP and Khyber agency.
Now I dont know where to go to lodge an FIR, the grim faced driver complained.
While Rafiq is running from pillar to post to trace down his vehicle, teachers are now reluctant to go back to work in such uncertain security conditions.
Rafique was unsure over the identity of the snatchers. I dont know who were they - militants, car-snatchers or robbers. They did not say any thing as to what message they wanted to convey, he said.
According to the paper, NWFP authorities of Peshawar district and federal administration of Bara tehsil are reluctant to record the incident over highlighting uncertainty of governance in this area. (ANI)
- Five cops injured in Peshawar suicide blast - Feb 16, 2012
- Remote-controlled bomb kills cop, wounds three others in Peshawar - Jan 23, 2011
- Two hurt in Pakistan blast - Feb 03, 2010
- Woman gangraped and killed, family looted by road robbers - Mar 26, 2012
- Armed dacoits rob bus passengers - Mar 14, 2012
- Friendly fire, not militants, killed 14 Pak security officials in Khyber: Yasin Malik - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan likely to expand military operation in tribal area - Nov 23, 2009
- Four shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 25, 2012
- Delhi cop transferred for refusing to file complaint - Jan 16, 2011
- NCP leader flashes pistol, suspended - Apr 02, 2012
- Over 100 militants attack check post in Pakistan - Jun 18, 2011
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Delhi cop suspended after vigilance report - Jan 18, 2011
- Cloudburst damages Kullu houses, roads - Aug 23, 2010
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: authorities, coach, fir, governance, jurisdiction, muhammad rafiq, nwfp, pakistan, peshawar, pillar, police station, robbers, schoolteachers, security conditions, tehsil, tribal areas, uncertainty, unclaimed territory