The ’smarty pants’ bank customer who stole cell phone but forgot his cash!June 15th, 2009 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 15 (ANI): A bank customer may have become the butt of everyone’s jokes after he stole someone’s cell phone resting on the counter, but left without taking his 1,462 dollars with him.
The cell phone owner informed the police, and the mugger was later identified as a certain Liu.
The bank’s surveillance footage helped cops identify the thief.
As Liu went back to the bank in Tianjin municipality to collect his money, he found police awaiting his arrival, reports the China Daily.
Liu was reprimanded and later released. (ANI)
- Austria's Obama Robber Makes Headlines! - Jan 22, 2011
- Stolen hi-tech phone helps police track thief - Jul 25, 2010
- Woman traces stolen iPhone using iCloud - May 25, 2012
- BJP MP's daughter's bag with Rs.1.5 lakh stolen from fair - Oct 03, 2011
- Boyfriend watches on webcam as girlfriend murdered 11,000 miles away - Apr 20, 2011
- Russian pensioner helps police nab phone thief - Mar 18, 2009
- Two Chinese street motorbike racers may get death penalty - Mar 06, 2012
- 29-year-old man arrested over York University student webcam death - Apr 21, 2011
- Las Vegas Police Launches Hunt For Bellagio Robbery Culprit - Dec 16, 2010
- Boy killed, chopped up, turned into mincemeat - Jul 20, 2011
- Kidnappers kill six-year-old - Mar 03, 2012
- Teenage babysitter held stealing for pornography - Oct 09, 2011
- Former bank employees arrested for cheating - Feb 03, 2012
- Chinese woman steals bankcard from ex-hubby's pocket during tryst! - Aug 19, 2009
- Japanese diplomat robbed in Moscow - Oct 23, 2010