Terrorist held near Pakistani president’s houseSeptember 28th, 2011 - 9:04 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 28 (IANS) A terrorist, involved in two blasts in Islamabad, was Wednesday arrested near the residence of Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari, an official said.
Acting on a tip-off from an arrested terrorist named Ali Khatak, police launched a search operation and arrested the man near the Margalla Hills area just behind the Aiwan-e-Sadr, the president’s official residence, Online news agency reported.
An intelligence official said the terrorist is suspected to be part of the Qari Shakeel group of Mohmand agency in the northwestern region bordering Afghanistan.
- Zardari, US envoy discuss ties - Nov 30, 2011
- Rainwater enters Zardari's home, meetings cancelled - Aug 09, 2011
- Sania, Shoaib meet Zardari - Sep 30, 2011
- Pakistan to do hard thinking over NATO attack: Acting president - Dec 14, 2011
- Zardari vows to enhance trade ties with China - Aug 16, 2011
- Strengthen Pakistan-US trade ties: Zardari to Sherry - Nov 25, 2011
- Pakistan enacts law to safeguard foreign investors' interests - Apr 29, 2011
- Zardari suffers bleeding in brain, may go to London - Dec 09, 2011
- Pakistan honours Chinese general - Nov 24, 2011
- Zardari's official residence's 8 mln rupee unpaid gas bills is 'minor case' for authority - May 04, 2010
- Zardari offers prayers for rain - Jan 22, 2010
- Zardari, Gilani, Kayani discuss secret memo to US - Nov 17, 2011
- Pakistan observes sombre Independence Day - Aug 14, 2010
- Zardari may get special US guards for security in backdrop of Taseer's assassination - Jan 19, 2011
- Pakistan honours Chinese Vice Premier Zhang - Jun 09, 2010