Tehmina Janjua replaces Basit as Pak Foreign Office spokespersonFebruary 17th, 2011 - 11:09 am ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb 17(ANI): Following the ouster of Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi just a few days back, now the Foreign Office spokesperson has also been replaced.
Tehmina Janjua has been appointed as the new spokesperson for Foreign Office in place of Abdul Basit, SAMAA TV reports.
According to sources, Basit was replaced on his own wish, as he was tired of continuous work. He congratulated Tehmina Janjua on her appointment, the sources added.
Basit has temporarily been appointed as Additional Secretary for European Affairs, and it is expected that he would be appointed as Pakistan’s ambassador to any foreign country.
Earlier, Tehmina, who is a senior and experienced diplomat, was appointed as Director General Foreign Secretary Office and Strategic Planning. (ANI)
- Pakistan's foreign office spokeswoman new envoy to Italy - Jul 11, 2011
- Washington invites Bashir to mend US-Pak ties tattered by drone attack, visa issues - Apr 06, 2011
- Pak staffer's brief detention kept under wraps to prevent Indo-Pak diplomatic tension - Apr 01, 2011
- Double murder-accused American has "no complete immunity": Qureshi - Feb 16, 2011
- Pakistan lodges protest with US over drone strike - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan not in favour of discussing Mumbai attack - Jun 17, 2011
- Pak warns US not to take it for granted or treat it as a client state - Mar 19, 2011
- Pak says "no reason for any country to be threatened" by its relationship with China - Apr 15, 2011
- Pak Govt. in consultation with international legal experts on Davis' immunity issue - Feb 24, 2011
- Pak Govt silent on number of visas issued to Americans - Apr 22, 2011
- Pak taking steps to evacuate its nationals from Libya: Foreign Office - Feb 28, 2011
- Pakistan nationals in Egypt are safe: Basit - Jan 30, 2011
- Pakistan distances itself from arrest of Indian 'mole' - Apr 28, 2010
- Pakistan to boycott trilateral Afghan talks over US drone attack civilian casualties - Mar 25, 2011
- Pakistan FM to visit India for 'positive, result-oriented bilateral negotiations' - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: ambassador, appointment, continuous work, diplomat, director general, european affairs, few days, foreign minister, foreign office, janjua, mehmood, ouster, pakistan, secretary office, spokesperson, strategic planning, tv reports