Taseer’s assassin guarded Zardari, Gilani even after being declared security risk: ReportJanuary 13th, 2011 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan 13(ANI): Punjab Governor Salman Taseer’s assassin, Malik Mumtaz Qadri, performed a total of 509 VIP and VVIP duties even after he was declared a security risk for these tasks in 2004, a report compiled by intelligence agencies has revealed.
Qadri performed guard duties with almost all the prominent Pakistani politicians several times, including President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani, and also remained in the security convoy of the Chief Justice of Pakistan, although he was declared unfit for these duties, The News reports.
The other politicians for whom Qadri performed guard duties include Punjab Governor Salman Taseer, PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and Opposition Leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan.
He performed his security duty with a foreign delegation as well on two occasions in 2010. He performed all these duties from April 24, 2008 to January 4, 2011, the report said.
He also remained with Interior Minister Rehman Malik as his special security guard in 2010, said the report, which further revealed that Qadri was also part of a raid team conducted by Military Intelligence (MI) and Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) against terrorist outfits in 2008.
Qadri performed duties with Salman Taseer as his personal security guard for four times - in April 2010, May 26, 2010, September 3, 2010, and on January 4, 2011- when he killed the Punjab Governor in the Kohsar Market in Islamabad.
He also remained with Taseer on general duties on ten occasions since 2008, according to the intelligence report. (ANI)
- Taseer's killer was declared security risk in 2004 - Jan 13, 2011
- Salman Taseer's assassin gets death sentence - Oct 01, 2011
- Punjab governor's killer told fellow guards about plot - Jan 05, 2011
- Former Governor Of Pakistan Salman Taseer Shot Dead - Jan 05, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani assure recovery of Taseer - Aug 27, 2011
- Governor Taseer's assassin produced before terrorism court - Jan 06, 2011
- Three-day mourning in Pakistan for Punjab governor - Jan 04, 2011
- Pakistani TV channels fined for interviews of Taseer's killer - Jan 11, 2011
- Salman Taseer's killer remanded to police custody for a day - Jan 06, 2011
- Pakistani governor killed by own guard - Jan 04, 2011
- Pak Court dismisses plea seeking quashing of FIR, ATC trial against Taseer's assassin - Jan 21, 2011
- Salman Taseer's killer remanded to five-day police custody - Jan 07, 2011
- Pak ATC shocked over 'absence of prosecution lawyer' in Taseer murder case - Jan 25, 2011
- Pak Punjab Governor Taseer assassinated by his own bodyguard - Jan 04, 2011
- Five held in Taseer kidnapping case in Pakistan - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: ali khan, asif ali zardari, chief justice of pakistan, chief minister, intelligence agencies, intelligence report, inter services, interior minister, military intelligence, nawaz sharif, nisar, opposition leader, pml n, rehman malik, risk report, security risk, special security, terrorist outfits, two occasions, vvip