Talks for sake of talks will yield nothing: AbdullahJuly 7th, 2012 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 7 (IANS) External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna’s visit to Islamabad will spur an India-Pakistan dialogue but “talks for the sake of talks will yield nothing”, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said Saturday.
Krishna visits Islamabad in the first week of September. The chief minister told reporters on the sidelines of a function here that talks for the sake of talks will not lead to anything.
The talks must continue because issues between India and Pakistan would be resolved only through dialogue, he said.
He stressed that the talks should cover the issues of Jammu and Kashmir and Siachen glacier.
He said the Jamaat-e-Islami had clarified that it had only appealed to tourists not to wear clothes which were not in line with the local ethos, and it had not threatened anyone.
“It is the media that is playing up the issue,” he said.
- Discuss Siachen as part of Kashmir issue: Omar - Jun 14, 2012
- 'China cannot be a factor in India-Pakistan dialogue' - Jun 22, 2011
- Pakistan, India to talk Siachen on June 11, 12 - May 11, 2012
- Kashmiri religious group issues dress code for tourists - Jul 04, 2012
- Positive change in Pakistan people's mindset towards India: Krishna - Jul 26, 2012
- Khar wants result oriented dialogue on Kashmir - Jul 26, 2011
- 26/11 ghosts cast shadow on India-Pakistan talks - Jul 02, 2012
- India, Pakistan top diplomats to meet June 29, visa accord soon (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- India-Pakistan dialogue will build trust, tweets Omar - Feb 11, 2011
- Pakistan's overreach thwarted July 15 talks: India - Oct 19, 2010
- Pakistan does a U-turn, says no change in Siachen policy - Apr 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan fail to make headway on Sir Creek (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Omar for sustained Indo-Pak dialogue and 'J-K centric' CBMs - Apr 07, 2012
- At low-key India-Pakistan talks, terror and Kashmir on the table - Jun 22, 2011
- Pakistan favours demilitarization of Siachen: Kayani - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: chief minister, clothes, dialogue, external affairs minister, india and pakistan, india pakistan, jamaat e islami, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, krishna, sake, siachen glacier, sidelines, tourists