Taliban warns of more attacks on ANP leadersFebruary 13th, 2009 - 12:49 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Feb.13 (ANI): The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has warned that it will carry out more suicide attacks on Awami National Party (ANP) leaders similar to that which killed an ANP leader Alam Zeb Khan.
Taking responsibility for the blast, a close aide of Baitullah Mehsud, the chief of the TTP, Hakeemullah Mehsud, threatened of more attacks in the future.
We carried out this attack and will continue such attacks on ANP leaders in future, The Daily Times quoted Mehsud, as saying.
Alam Zeb Khan succumbed to his injuries on Thursday.
The ANP became the TTPs major target after its peace deal with Maulana Fazlullah in the Swat Valley collapsed and military operations were initiated against the Taliban.
Provincial Chief Minister Ameer Haider Hoti has announced an ex-gratia of Rs. 5 million for Khans family, and also recommended the deceased leaders name for Pakistans highest gallantry award. (ANI)
- Five dead, 24 injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Peshawar airport renamed after Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan - Jan 28, 2012
- Hakeemullah Mehsud named new Pak Taliban chief - Aug 22, 2009
- 'Most Wanted' Taliban commander killed in US drone attack - Sep 17, 2009
- Hakeemullah's take over as TTP chief 'speculative': Malik - Aug 25, 2009
- Hakeemullah even if alive not in command of Pak Taliban anymore: Pentagon - Apr 30, 2010
- Pak Taliban to target Zardari, his allies - Nov 27, 2008
- Hakeemullah's successor would be more ruthless, revengeful: Pak intelligence official - Feb 11, 2010
- Taliban guns down Pak politician's son - Jul 25, 2010
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governor to hold talks with Pak Taliban for VC's release - Dec 12, 2010
- Mehsud's death 'positive' but US drones 'unacceptable': Pak committee - Aug 14, 2009
- Pak Interior Affairs Adviser says Taliban should prove their leaders are alive - Aug 10, 2009
- Mystery still surrounds Pak Taliban chief Hakeemullah's death - Feb 10, 2010
- Pakistani Taliban leader declared proclaimed offender - Aug 19, 2009
- Hakeemullah dead, Jamal acting successor, claims Taliban's Orakzai faction - Feb 09, 2010
Tags: 5 million, anp, baitullah mehsud, chief minister, ex gratia, gallantry, hoti, military operations, pakistan, peace deal, suicide attacks, swat valley, taking responsibility, taliban, target, ttp, zeb