Taliban “true followers” of Islam, US “biggest terrorist”: Pak Tourism MinisterNovember 24th, 2010 - 3:14 pm ICT by ANI
Mansehra, Nov 24 (ANI): The Taliban are the “true followers” of Islamic ideology, and the United States is the “biggest terrorist” in the world, Pakistan’s Minister for Tourism Maulana Attaur Rehman has stated.
“Ulema and Taliban are the true followers of Islamic ideology and America is the biggest terrorist of the world, which is creating hatred against them,” the Dawn quoted Rehman, as saying, while speaking at a public gathering in Allai on Tuesday.
The minister, who belongs to the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) party, said that the ongoing spate of terrorism could not be eliminated until the United States and the world gave equal rights and respect to the Muslims.
“It is a misconception that Ulema and Taliban are against coexistence of people with different religions, in fact it is America which is against the interfaith harmony to maintain its hegemony on the world,” Rehman added.
Interestingly, just a few days back, Interior Minister Rehman A Malik had said that the Taliban are mercenary killers, and neither Islamic nor Pakistani.
The entire nation stands united against terrorism, and will ultimately uproot the menace from Pakistan, Malik had added. (ANI)
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011
- Muslim League always used for bringing about undemocratic change in Pak: JUI Chief - Oct 03, 2010
- Pakistan People's Party fails to persuade JUI-F to rejoin ruling coalition - Dec 16, 2010
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- JUI-F dissatisfied with security provided to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 03, 2011
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Life attacks on JUI-F chief reveal gulf between militants and sympathetic Pak politicians - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- JUI chief Fazlur Rehman barred from entering US - Sep 21, 2010
- JUI-F chief offered to mediate between US, Taliban during 2007 India visit: WikiLeaks - Apr 01, 2011
- Leaders like Fazlur Rehman vulnerable, says Pakistani daily - Apr 01, 2011
- JUI-F hints at rejoining Pakistan People's Party government - Dec 27, 2010
- Pakistani leader opposes commission on Osama killing - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: allai, coexistence, different religions, followers of islam, harmony, hatred, hegemony, interior minister, islamic ideology, jamiat, killers, malik, mansehra, misconception, muslims, rehman, spate, taliban, tourism minister, true followers