Taliban planning to attack Parliament House, warns Pak intelligenceMay 19th, 2010 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May 19 (ANI): Pakistan’s intelligence agencies have warned that the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) is planning to target Parliament House and other important government installations.
According to intelligence inputs, the TTP has recruited a suicide bomber named Amer Aaqa Hadifa, who is in his 20’s, to strike at important buildings.
The intelligence report said that Hadifa was last seen in the Mir Ali region of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), The Daily Times reports
Following the report, all the concerned agencies have been directed to beef up security in and around Parliament and all other government buildings in Islamabad and across the country.
Security agencies have also been asked to keep a tight vigil on all entry and exit points of the capital city and also in Lahore. (ANI)
- Pak intelligence warns of attack on US Embassy - May 09, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warns of attack on security agencies in Punjab - May 10, 2010
- Pak Taliban planning to use poisonous gases in fresh terror attacks - Oct 16, 2010
- Taliban sends three explosive-laden vehicles to target important installations in Punjab - Jul 23, 2009
- Youngsters with explosive-laden school bags set for suicide strikes across Pak Punjab - Apr 08, 2010
- Terrorists may use 'rigged' vehicles to launch attacks in Punjab, Pak intelligence warns - May 05, 2010
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of attacks on US Embassy, British consulate - Jul 16, 2010
- 23 terrorists enter Islamabad, Lahore to attack police, buildings: Intelligence report - Oct 24, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warn of attack on high-value targets in Punjab - Aug 26, 2010
- Extremists likely to target NAB offices, ATC in Punjab: Pak security agencies - Mar 12, 2010
- Terrorists may use stolen Army vehicles to strike, warns Pak intelligence - May 14, 2010
- Taliban, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi plan suicide attacks across Pakistan on Eid - Nov 13, 2010
- Hafiz Saeed's security beefed up following Pak Taliban threat - May 19, 2010
- Al-Qaeda, Pak Taliban planning to abduct Lebanese ambassador: Pak intelligence report - Oct 04, 2010
Tags: ali, country security, exit points, government buildings, government installations, hadifa, intelligence agencies, intelligence report, islamabad, lahore, pakistan, parliament, parliament house, report said that, security agencies, suicide bomber, taliban, tribal areas, ttp, vigil