Taliban clashes kill 50 in Afghanistan’s Baghlan ProvinceMarch 7th, 2010 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
Kabul, Mar.7 (ANI): Gun battles between the Taliban and another Islamist faction in the north-eastern Afghan province of Baghlan claimed the lives of at least 50 people on Sunday.
An Independent report quoted a news agency, as saying that the gun battle was being fought over who would gain control of several villages where the central government has almost no presence.
The clash was between local Taliban forces and the Hezb-e-Islami militia loyal to war lord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
The fighting was continuing today, with militants using heavy machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades, the governor of Baghlan province said. (ANI)
- 50 militants surrender in Afghanistan - Jan 29, 2012
- Taliban militants attack hotel near Kabul - Jun 22, 2012
- Hekmatyar gives Karzai 15 demands for possible peace pact with Govt. - Mar 23, 2010
- Hekmatyar willing for cease-fire if coalition forces stay within main bases - Nov 18, 2010
- Insurgent faction helping Afghan Govt. to fight Taliban - Jul 10, 2010
- 25 killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan, BBC reporter dead (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Governor among 18 killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Gurkha gets Britain's second highest bravery medal for fighting Taliban in Afghanistan - Mar 25, 2011
- 20 killed in Taliban attack on Afghan hotel (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- 39 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jun 13, 2010
- Taliban attack Afghan airport - Jul 26, 2011
- 14 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 10, 2011
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Dec 31, 2011
- Infighting between two Afghan groups leaves dozens dead - Mar 07, 2010
- Militants kill five civilians in Afghanistan - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,