Taliban buying kids to for Rs 5 lakh to act as suicide bomber, says Rehman MalikJune 16th, 2009 - 3:48 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 16 (ANI): The Taliban is buying children for 500,000 to 2.5 million rupees to convert them into suicide bombers, and execute barbarous terrorist activities, Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has revealed.
Speaking at an award distribution ceremony, Malik said Pakistan is determined to continue the war against terrorism till the Taliban are flushed out of the country.
“We had two options either to surrender before the terrorists or fight with them and now terrorists were bound to run from Swat, Dir and Buner,” The News quoted Malik, as saying.
He claimed that insurgents based in Afghanistan were supplying weapons and ammunition to the Pak-Taliban, and the Pakistan government had taken up this matter with Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
Lashing out at the terrorists, Malik said they are responsible for tarnishing the image of Islam and Pakistan, and now citizen having Pakistani passports were being considered as terrorists in the world.
Malik said the Federal Government has decided to increase the Islamabad police strength by 20,000 to overcome the shortage in the force. (ANI)
- Stop the terrorists, Pakistan tells Kabul - Sep 02, 2012
- No talks with Taliban: Rehman Malik - Dec 12, 2011
- Afghanistan "providing refuge" to elements terrorising Pakistan: Rehman Malik - Sep 16, 2010
- Eight suicide bombers in Islamabad: Rehman Malik - Jan 27, 2012
- Pakistan's interior minister talks peace to Taliban - Nov 07, 2011
- Military offensive to continue till last militant is killed : Malik - Jun 15, 2009
- Pakistan to flush out Chinese militants - Sep 29, 2011
- Pakistan launches offensive against Taliban in Buner (Intro Roundup) - Apr 28, 2009
- Pak has rejected Taliban chief's offer for dialogue four times: Malik - Dec 13, 2009
- Gilani calls for Af-Pak cooperation in war on terror (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Pakistan threatens Taliban with 'dire consequences' (Second Lead) - May 17, 2009
- We won't tolerate the militants anymore: Rehman Malik - Apr 28, 2009
- Pakistan to decentralise issuing of passports - Dec 12, 2011
- Karzai urges Pakistan to 'eliminate terrorists' - Dec 27, 2010
- 'Kidnappings for ransom a lucrative business in Pakistan' - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: 5 million, afghan president hamid, ammunition, hamid karzai, insurgents, interior minister, lakh, pakistan government, passports, police strength, president hamid karzai, rehman malik, rupees, suicide bomber, suicide bombers, swat, taliban, terrorist activities, terrorists, war against terrorism