Taliban ban political parties in FATAApril 21st, 2009 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr.21 (ANI): The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and Tehreek-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) have now banned political parties in the Bajaur region of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Both the separatist organizations have also issued a jirga banning meeting of more than three persons at a same place.
According to the Daily Times, the decision was taken after four persons were killed in a clash between the activists of these two groups.
The latest ban adds to the long list of activities that the Taliban has prohibited in the region.
The outlawed outfit had also barred women from venturing out of their house alone. Sale and purchase of music cd’s and film videos have also been banned.
Growing beard and wearing turban has been made mandatory for men in the region. (ANI)
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- Taliban blows up two more primary schools in FATA - Jul 06, 2010
- 60 Taliban leaders have escaped to Middle East - Oct 19, 2009
- Fazlullah hurt, may surrender soon - Sep 13, 2009
- Pak to hold trials of TNSM-Taliban operatives next year - Dec 03, 2010
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- TNSM chief Sufi Mohammad resurfaces in Peshawar - Jul 26, 2009
- After divorce, Taliban now bans beard shaving in FATA - Apr 11, 2009
- Fazlullah says Taliban will accept only Islam's writ in Swat - Apr 26, 2009
- Taliban says MNA's opposing sharia regulation will be considered infidels - Apr 13, 2009
- No talks with Taliban: Rehman Malik - Dec 12, 2011
- Radical cleric Sufi Mohammad resurfaces in Pakistan - Jul 26, 2009
- Taliban regrouping in FATA to attack Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Sep 05, 2010
- TNSM rules out India, Afghanistan involvement in Swat imbroglio - May 04, 2009
- TNSM decides to extend Darul Qaza deadline infinitely - Apr 24, 2009