Taliban asks tribal elders to seek clemency in FATAApril 18th, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Apr.18 (ANI): The Taliban in the Bajaur region of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) has asked the tribal elders, who had opposed their activities, to seek pardon and give undertakings that they would speak against Taliban’s act in future.
“Those elders who approach Taliban will be granted clemency. And those who do not approach, they will not be pardoned,” Taliban’s Bajaur chapter spokesman Maulvi Omar said.
Talking to reporters over telephone, Omar asked the government to implement the acts of the peace deal, which was signed in February, as soon as possible.
He also warned the government of severe consequences if it takes action against Taliban in any part of Bajaur.
Omar also asked the government to open offices and education institutions in the region.
He added that the insurgents would not hinder in government’s work and would not harm government employees. (ANI)
- No talks with Taliban: Rehman Malik - Dec 12, 2011
- Pak Taliban warns of retaliatory attacks on security forces in Bajaur - Mar 13, 2010
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- Pakistan's military failures emboldening terrorists to launch more attacks - Sep 23, 2010
- Pakistani Taliban hold peace talks - Nov 23, 2011
- Taliban blows up two more primary schools in FATA - Jul 06, 2010
- Taliban militants destroy another girls' school in FATA - Jul 12, 2010
- UAE sends food parcels to Pakistan's tribal region - Jul 23, 2012
- Four die in Pakistan blast - Jul 26, 2012
- Troops kill 30 militants in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2010
- Taliban demands removal of leaders names from US, UN terror blacklist - Oct 30, 2010
- Taliban claim responsibility for abducting 30 kids - Sep 03, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 20, injures 42 near Pakistani market - May 04, 2012
- Pakistani jirga opposes military operations against Taliban - Jul 05, 2011
- Terrorists infiltrating into Pak through Afghan border: Malik - Jul 12, 2010