TADA court to begin Abu Salem’s trial in 1993 serial blasts on WednesdayApril 15th, 2008 - 6:43 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Apr 15 (ANI): The trial of extradited gangster Abu Salem in the 1993 serial blasts case would begin on Wednesday with the examination of its first witness by the TADA court.
An immigration officer would be the first witness to be examined. The officer was on duty in India when Salem was brought to Mumbai in 2005 after being deported from Lisbon, special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said.
“The charges against Salem include section 3(3) of TADA, 120 (b) of IPC and sections of the Arms Act and Explosives Substances Act,” he said.
Salem is accused of having supplied arms to other accused in the case and participating in the conspiracy to carry out the blasts.
Over 257 persons were killed and over 700 injured in the thirteen serial blasts carried out across the city on March 12, 1993. (ANI)
- Portuguese Supreme Court cancels Salem's extradition, CBI unfazed (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Apex court wants details of Abu Salem case proceedings - Mar 19, 2012
- Relief for Abu Salem as apex court stays trial in 1993 blasts (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- TADA court to begin Abu Salem's trial in 1993 serial blasts today - Apr 16, 2008
- Portugal Supreme Court cancels Salem's extradition, CBI unfazed (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Salem moves court in Mumbai blasts case - Jan 17, 2012
- Salem's trial to continue, to move Portugal constitutional court: CBI - Jan 17, 2012
- Salem can be tried for offences inviting death penalty: Supreme Court - Sep 10, 2010
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- Abu Salem appears before Hyderabad court - May 06, 2010
- Verdict in Abu Salem passport case Nov 16 - Nov 01, 2010
- Abu Salem trial in 1993 serial blasts to continue today - Apr 22, 2008
- MCOCA against Abu Salem dropped (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Abu Salem gets bail in extortion case - Jun 26, 2012
- Court reserves order on dropping charges against Salem (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012