Support Indian cricket team and get arrested in POKApril 18th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr. 18 (ANI): Two stalwarts of National Awami Party of Pakistan Imran Shahzad and Naheem Iqbal Khwaja from Dadyal District Mirpur in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir were arrested for their ‘crime’ of supporting the Indian cricket team during the recent cricket World Cup when they played against Pakistan in the semi-finals in Mohali, Punjab.
According to Dr. Shabir Choudhury of Kashmir National Party, the arrest of the ANP activists led to people expressing their anger against the Pakistani intelligence agencies.
So much for cricket diplomacy between India and Pakistan.
Most observers in Pakistan do not consider the time is ripe for any visit by the Indian crciket team or for that matter any other goodwill mission to thatcountry.
The kind of internal turmoil Pakistan is facing and the extent to which jehadi elements have infiltrated the security and police establishment, cannot guarantee any security for the goodwill visitors from India they say. (ANI)
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- UK Govt. failed to act as Pak police tortured Brit nationals in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2009
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, three militants killed - Oct 23, 2010
- Pak political parties fear clash of intuitions over judges' elevation - Feb 14, 2010
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- General V. K. Singh says infiltration attempts are on the rise across LoC - Oct 11, 2010
- Pakistan paramilitary detains 500 ANP activists - Nov 26, 2010
- Terrorism must be opposed and crushed, KNP - May 10, 2010
- KP Assembly passes joint resolution against any amendment in Pak's Blasphemy Law - Jan 08, 2011
- Five die in Quetta blast (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Pakistani leader shot dead - May 28, 2011
- Akram Khan quits as Bangaldesh's chief cricket selector - Mar 07, 2012
- Muslim Conference chief blames RAW for suicide attacks in PoK - Jan 25, 2010
- Asia Cup: Bangladesh opt to field against Pakistan - Mar 22, 2012
- BJP youth wing protests 'anti-India' speech by Mirwaiz (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: crciket, cricket world cup, dadyal, diplomacy, goodwill mission, imran, india and pakistan, indian cricket team, internal turmoil, iqbal, kashmir, khwaja, mirpur, New Delhi, pakistani intelligence agencies, punjab, semi finals, shabir, shahzad, stalwarts