Suicide bomber kills 10 in Darra Adam KhelMay 11th, 2009 - 2:34 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, May 11 (ANI): Ten people have been killed and more than 15 including were injured when a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden car near a Frontier Constabulary security checkpoint in tribal area of Darra Adam Khel in northwestern Pakistan.
The attack hit the outskirts of Darra Adam Khel, a town about 25 kilometres south of Peshawar, the capital of the North West Frontier Province, where security forces are locked in heavy fighting with Taliban further north.
According to sources, eight civilians and two security men have been killed in the suicide attack at the FC checkpost in Sabina police station jurisdiction.
The injured have been shifted to Hyattabad Medical Complex. Security forces have cordoned off the area after the blast.
A local administrative official confirmed the attack. No one has claimed responsibility for the blast. (ANI)
- 10 killed in Pakistan suicide attack (Second Lead changing dateline) - May 11, 2009
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Suicide attack kills three in Pakistan - May 11, 2009
- Six killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - May 11, 2009
- Three killed, 24 hurt in another mosque attack in Pak's tribal region - Nov 06, 2010
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Pakistan Taliban claim responsibility for mosque attack - Nov 06, 2010
- Five policemen among six killed in Peshawar blasts (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011
- Taliban's revenge: 80 killed in Pakistan suicide blasts (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Seven killed as multiple bombings rock Peshawar (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2010
- 17 Taliban militants found dead in north-west Pakistan - Feb 28, 2010
- 554 killed in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in 2011 - Dec 30, 2011
- Roadside bombs kill five in Pakistan - Jan 03, 2010
- Three die in Afghan bombing - Jun 19, 2011
Tags: administrative official, civilians, complex security, darra adam khel, explosives, frontier province, further north, kilometres, north west frontier, northwestern pakistan, outskirts, peshawar, police station, sabina, security checkpoint, security forces, security men, suicide attack, suicide bomber, tribal area