Suicide-attack-hit Marriott hotel re-opens as Fort Knox avatarDecember 29th, 2008 - 3:37 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 29 (ANI): The Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, which faced the most dreadful suicide attack in Pakistans history claiming more than 50 lives, partially re-opened for guests on Sunday.
The hotel re-opened after three months with a giant bomb-proof wall to protect it against terrorist attacks, and with revamped security.
We have expressed our resolve that we will not bow before the enemies of Pakistan, The Daily Times quoted Saddaruddin Hashwani, the hotels owner, as saying.
Calling his hotel the home of Islamabad and the identity of Pakistan, Hashwani said he had restored the building to restore Pakistans image.
New security features in the premises rebuilt for Rs 1.2 billion include a four-metre high wall built especially to neutralise the impact of a bombing, bulletproof windows, 200 close-circuit TV cameras, an alarm system and a search room.
Zulfiqar Ahmed, the hotel general manager said that sixty rooms will be available for booking from January 1 and more will within two months. (ANI)
- Suicide-attack-hit Paks Marriott hotel to have bombproof wall - Nov 17, 2008
- Two die as Peshawar bombing targets US consulate vehicle (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Aerial surveillance for Pakistani capital - Jan 31, 2012
- Pakistani Islamic groups oppose NATO supply lines' reopening - Jul 05, 2012
- High intensity blast hits Karachi, casualties feared (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Pak court acquits Marriott Hotel bombers over lack of evidence - May 06, 2010
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Pippa Middleton to get armoured car - Jun 25, 2011
- British Airways may resume flights to Pakistan - Apr 15, 2011
- ZA Bhutto case being reopened to rectify a historic wrong: Gilani - Apr 04, 2011
- Taliban won't attack Pakistani nukes - May 28, 2011
- Two Americans killed in Peshawar suicide bombing (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Marriott to reopen on Sunday in new Fort Knox of Pakistan avatar - Dec 25, 2008
- Pak to reopen NATO convoy blockage at Af-Pak border after security improves: Haqqani - Oct 02, 2010
- Pakistan religious parties to oppose NATO supply resumption - Jan 08, 2012
Tags: alarm system, avatar, bomb proof, close circuit tv, enemies, fort knox, hotel in islamabad, january 1, marriott, marriott hotel in islamabad, new security, premises, rs 1, search room, security features, suicide attack, terrorist attacks, three months, tv cameras, zulfiqar