Students vandalise vehicles in DhakaJuly 8th, 2012 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, July 8 (IANS) Angered by the death of a college student in a road accident, his fellow pupils Sunday set ablaze two buses and vandalised around 40 vehicles in the Bangladeshi capital, police said.
The protesters from Dhaka Commerce College took to the streets after 17-year-old Shaon Ahmed Monu, a first-year student of the college, was run over by a bus around 12.30 p.m., the Daily Star reported.
The students stopped traffic in Mirpur area where the college is located.
- 15 students injured in Bangladesh clash - Mar 03, 2012
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- Protests erupt in Dhaka after bus hits journalist - Dec 28, 2011
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- TV channel CEO, filmmaker killed in Bangladesh accident - Aug 13, 2011
- Seven killed, 80 injured in Pakistan road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Power failure, rains hit Delhi traffic, commuters (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- 19 injured in clash of students, police in Dhaka (Lead, correcting figure in headline) - Apr 13, 2011
- 7 injured in clash of students, police in Dhaka - Apr 13, 2011
- 50 injured in Bangladesh clashes - Aug 29, 2011
- Protesters in UP torch vehicles, attack police - Jul 16, 2012
- R-Day Parade rehearsal hits traffic - Jan 23, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Aug 08, 2012
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012