Stable Pakistan must for Kashmir peace: MuftiMarch 16th, 2009 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 16 (IANS) Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed Monday welcomed the Pakistan government decision to reinstate sacked judges and thereby avoid a major political crisis in the neighbouring country.
Mufti Sayeed, the patron of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said he was concerned at recent events in that country, as “a stable Pakistan is must for the resolution of Kashmir crisis”.
Mufti Sayeed said he welcomed the Pakistan government’s decision to resolve the issue of restoration of the judiciary, which was sacked by former military dictator Pervez Musharraf in 2007, when the then president imposed emergency in the country.
Addressing the media at the end of a day-long meeting of party workers, Mufti Sayeed hoped that the decision to reinstate the sacked Pakistani chief justice and other judges would help in restoring political stability and peace there.
“Political stability in Pakistan is must for establishing lasting peace in the sub-continent in general and Kashmir in particular,” he said, adding: “Disturbance and political instability in Pakistan is not in the interest of the people of Kashmir”.
- Include people in Kashmir issue's resolution: PDP - Jul 09, 2011
- Evolve national consensus to solve Kashmir problem: Mufti - Jul 17, 2012
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- Kashmir not a problem of mere stone pelting: Mufti Sayeed - Jul 30, 2011
- Kashmir solution will usher in peace, development: PDP - Mar 13, 2011
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- Mufti seeks national consensus on Kashmir - Jul 10, 2011
- Revocation of AFSPA inevitable: Mufti Sayeed - Nov 11, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- India-Pakistan peace process must continue: Sayeed - Jul 30, 2012
- Manmohan-Zardari meet a good beginning: Mufti - Apr 08, 2012
- Pranab visits Kashmir on poll campaign - Jul 15, 2012
- NC, PDP mourn death of judge who got Mufti's daughter freed - Jan 09, 2012
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Kashmiris feeling alienated under Omar: Mufti - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: chief justice, chief minister, continent, democratic party, government decision, jammu, judiciary, kashmir, lasting peace, military dictator, mohammed, neighbouring country, pakistan government, patron, pdp, pervez musharraf, political crisis, political instability in pakistan, political stability, sayeed