Srinagar dead were ‘fidayeen’ on mission to attack Indian military bases: JiMOctober 23rd, 2010 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Oct 23 (ANI): The three men killed in a gunfight in Kashmir were on a suicide mission to attack Indian military bases, a militant group has revealed, adding that three others escaped from the region.
“The three militants were among six fidayeen (militants on suicide mission) assigned to carry out attacks on the Badami Bagh cantonment and Haft Chinar army camp in Srinagar,” the Dawn quoted Sajjad Afghani, Jaish-i-Mohammad’s operational chief, as saying.
Jaish said that the three killed militants were part of a six-member group told to stage the suicide attacks, but they were intercepted by Indian troops before they could reach their targets.
On Thursday, two of the militants were killed during a fierce gunbattle on the outskirts of Srinagar. The body of a third militant was pulled out on Friday from the rubble of the two houses destroyed during the fighting, a police officer said. (ANI)
- Chinar Corps celebrates 96th raising day - Jan 12, 2012
- Jaish chief commander killed in Srinagar (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Army in Kashmir pays tribute to martyrs on Vijay Diwas - Dec 16, 2011
- Kargil martyrs remembered on Vijay Diwas - Jul 26, 2012
- Jaish commander killed in Jammu - Jan 18, 2010
- Militant killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 09, 2011
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - May 27, 2011
- Militants kill three ISI officers - Sep 15, 2011
- Kashmir gunfight: Third militant caught alive - Oct 21, 2010
- Two foreign guerrillas killed in Kashmir's Sopore (Second Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Militant, two security men killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Fidayeen attack foiled in Srinagar - Oct 09, 2009
- Four guerrillas killed in Kashmir (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- One passenger killed in Srinagar road accident - Apr 01, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,