Six workers of oil and gas exploring company abducted in QuettaFebruary 4th, 2009 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
Quetta, Feb.4 (ANI): A day after a senior official of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), John Solecki was kidnapped, unidentified miscreants abducted six more persons belonging to an oil and gas exploring company in Machh (Balochistan) on Tuesday.
According to The Nation, six personnel of a private company were on their way in a vehicle in Margat, when unknown armed persons intercepted their vehicle and drove them to an unknown location.
Authorities in the region have beefed up the security in wake of the kidnapping of the top UNHR official followed by the abduction of six workers of an oil company.
The police has failed to make any headway in the case relating the abduction of the UNHR official or the oil workers so far. Meanwhile, reports filtering in from the region said that a spokesperson of the defunct Baloch Liberation Army (BLA), Beebarg Baloch, has claimed the responsibility for kidnapping the six workers. (ANI)
- Gunmen execute 10 road workers in southwest Pakistan - Sep 15, 2012
- Pakistan's help sought as deadline for UN hostage nears - Mar 05, 2009
- Terrorist outfit says abducted UNHCR official Solecki is alive - Feb 23, 2009
- Balochistan: Convenient silence - Apr 11, 2011
- Foreign agencies to look for missing UN official in Pakistan - Feb 18, 2009
- Senior UNHCR official kidnapped in Pak, driver killed - Feb 02, 2009
- UN officials mother appeals for sons early, safe return - Feb 22, 2009
- Senior UN official abducted, driver killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Meet demands or we would kill UN official: Baloch group - Feb 08, 2009
- Pakistani kidnappers set four-day deadline to kill UN official - Mar 02, 2009
- BLUF sets 48-hour deadline for Solecki''s release - Mar 17, 2009
- UN official killed in Pakistan: Reports - Feb 23, 2009
- Freed UN official flown to US - Apr 05, 2009
- Baloch outfit extends deadline for fulfillment of its demands - Feb 16, 2009
- Hindu spiritual leader kidnapped in Pakistan - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: abducted, abduction, authorities, baloch liberation army, balochistan, bla, headway, high commissioner, miscreants, oil and gas, oil company, oil workers, private company, quetta, solecki, spokesperson, un high commissioner for refugees, unhr