Six killed, several others injured in US drone attack in South WaziristanJune 23rd, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, June 23 (ANI): With the Pakistan Army intensifying its operation in South Waziristan, primarily targeting the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Baitullah Mehsud, six people were killed and several others injured in yet another US drone strike in the region on Tuesday.
Un-manned US Predator aircrafts fired three missiles at a suspected terrorist hideout in the Ladha village, believed to be Mehsud’s stronghold.
Sources said six persons were killed in the missile hit, and several others were injured.
However, no official confirmation about the attack, or the number of people dead came till reports last filtered in.
This was the third such drone strike in the region in less than a month.
Earlier, three persons were killed and several others were injured in a similar strike in South Waziristan’s Miranshah area.
US drones had fired several missiles at a suspected terrorist vehicle in the Laddha region, killing the three persons on the spot on June 14. (ANI)
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- Eight killed in US drone strike in South Waziristan - Aug 27, 2009
- TTP claims Qari Hussain Mehsud alive, brands news report of his death 'drama' - Oct 17, 2010
- Drone strikes kill 21 in Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- 'Hakimullah Mehsud's death not confirmed' - Jan 15, 2010
- 6 die in Pakistan drone strike - Oct 13, 2011
- Top Al Qaeda leader killed in US drone attack (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- 15 killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Jan 17, 2010
- Fresh U.S. drone strikes kill 4 people in North Waziristan - Aug 03, 2011
- Four die in US drone attack in Pakistan - Feb 09, 2012
- Drone strike didn't kill top leader: Pakistani Taliban - Jan 16, 2012
- US drone kills four in Pakistan - May 26, 2012
- Taliban battle Pakistani security forces for drone debris - Sep 19, 2011
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Drone attack kills four in Pakistan - Jun 11, 2010
Tags: baitullah mehsud, confirmation, drone, drones, june 14, june 23, missile, pakistan army, peshawar, predator, south waziristan, stronghold, taliban, terrorist hideout, three missiles, three persons