Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead)August 4th, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 4 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 10 injured Saturday when a building collapsed following an explosion at a fireworks workshop in Pakistan’s Multan city, media reports said.
Geo News said the blast occurred in the city’s densely populated Hussain Agahi Chowk Bazaar area.
Due to the blast, a building collapsed while several others were damaged. Several nearby shops caught fire following the explosion.
Police said the building where the explosion occurred was owned by a woman, Parveen Bibi, and her husband. A case has been registered against the couple for storing the fireworks.
However, according to Xinhua three buildings collapsed following the explosion. Fire engulfed a fireworks workshop causing a huge blast.
“I was going to the market to fuel my car when I heard a huge blast… and in a blink, the building and two surrounding houses (were) razed to ground,” said Basharat Ali, a witness.
- Two killed, 15 injured in Pakistan building blast - Aug 04, 2012
- Bangalore blast injures nine, destroys two buildings - Sep 21, 2011
- Three blasts at Pakistan ammunition depot (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Six arrested for Sivakasi fire tragedy - Sep 06, 2012
- Blast at illegal fireworks workshop in northern China kills 5 - Sep 17, 2012
- Three bomb blasts rock Lahore market - Sep 30, 2011
- 13 dead in China workshop blast - Aug 06, 2012
- 36 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fifth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Soldier dies in Pakistan ammunition depot blasts (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Two dead as building collapses in cracker blast - Oct 28, 2010
- 16 trapped under collapsed building in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2012
- Pakistan factory blast toll rises to 11 - Feb 07, 2012
- Five die in Quetta blast (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Huge fire in Hyderabad cracker shop - Oct 04, 2010
- Jalandhar factory collapse: one dead, several trapped (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012