Six die in Afghan suicide bombingMay 19th, 2012 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, May 19 (IANS) At least six people were killed Saturday when a suicide bomber exploded himself near a police checkpost in Afghanistan.
Five others were injured in the attack in Khost province, 155 km from here, an official said.
The terrorist, strapped with explosives, blew up in Ali Shir district, killing three policemen and two civilians, Xinhua reported. The bomber was also killed.
Officials blamed the attack on the Taliban.
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills nine in Afghanistan - Feb 18, 2011
- 18 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 20, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul, Taliban target US embassy - Sep 13, 2011
- Four militants die in blast - Sep 26, 2011
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Nine killed in Afghan bombings - Nov 12, 2011
- 10 killed after suicide bombers storm police station in southeastern Afghanistan - May 22, 2011
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012
- 12-year-old suicide bomber kills four in Afghanistan - May 01, 2011
- 20 killed in Afghan suicide attack - Dec 25, 2011
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011