Singapore Airlines stewardesses wear slippersAugust 5th, 2010 - 6:41 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 5 (ANI): A heated discussion is brewing on the Internet over Singapore Airlines stewardesses wearing slippers.
China Press reported that the media in China had started the discussion after a journalist, who stopped over at Singapore’s Changi Airport, stated he was puzzled as to why the women wore slippers.
“It is inappropriate for stewardess to wear slippers,” the Star Online quoted the reporter as writing.
Besides the dressing, the reporter also compared the looks of China Airways and Singapore Airlines stewardess.
“In a nutshell, China Airways girls are prettier,” he added.
In response to the comments, a Singapore Airlines spokesman said the stewardess’s batik clothes and slippers were part of their uniform.
“The airline had been wearing the uniform for quite some time and we are happy with it,” the spokesman added.
And as for the looks of Singapore Airlines stewardess, the spokesman said every individual had their own opinion. (ANI)
- Branson's stint as stewardess put on hold after he injures his knee - Jan 15, 2011
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- Virgin boss Branson to shave his legs, wear make-up after losing bet? - Nov 17, 2010
- Richard Branson's charity flight dressed as "stewardess" postponed again - Apr 23, 2011
- Jet pilots abort landing after phone distraction - Apr 19, 2012
- Richard Branson to serve as 'stewardess' after losing a bet - Nov 15, 2010
- Now, Qantas 747 forced to return back to Sydney following electrical system problem - Nov 15, 2010
- Malaysia Airlines bans babies from first class - Jun 30, 2011
- First phase of Bengal Aerotropolis by end-2012 - Jan 11, 2012
- Virgin boss Branson to dress as AirAsia stewardess after losing bet - Nov 16, 2010
- Airline captain dies while flying plane from Philippines to Qatar - Oct 14, 2010
- Government rolls out plan to help domestic airlines (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Qantas Airways' engine crisis continues - Nov 13, 2010
- Another Qantas plane makes emergency landing - Nov 13, 2010
- Qantas grounds entire A380 fleet after Singapore emergency landing - Nov 04, 2010
Tags: airline, batik clothes, changi airport, china airways, china press, girls, heated discussion, journalist, kuala lumpur, nutshell, quite some time, singapore airlines, singapore airlines stewardess, slippers, spokesman, stewardesses